Blue Jay symbolism is an interesting subject and one that many people are keen to learn more about. So, you might be wondering, what does it mean when you see a blue jay?
To understand the common symbolism of a blue jay, it’s important to focus on each of the traits that a blue jay possesses. These will give us insights into the significance of seeing a blue jay in your yard or while you’re out and about walking in nature.
One of the primary symbolism of a blue jay centers around communication. So, if you see a blue jay it could mean that you should communicate more clearly or that the people around you are not being totally truthful in their communication with you.
Let’s look at some more of the common blue jay symbolism.
- 1 Common Blue Jay Symbolism
- 2 Native American Blue Jay Symbolism
- 3 Christian Blue Jay Symbolism
- 4 Celtic Blue Jay Symbolism
- 5 What Does It Mean If You See A Blue Jay In A Dream?
- 6 What Is The Significance If A Blue Jay Is Your Spirit Animal?
- 7 What Is The Significance If A Blue Jay Is Your Totem Animal?
- 8 What Is The Significance If A Blue Jay Is Your Power Animal?
- 9 What Does It Mean If You’ve Chosen To Have A Blue Jay Tattoo?
- 10 Can Seeing A Blue Jay Be A Message From A Lost Loved One?
- 11 What Does It Mean When A Blue Jay Crosses Your Path?
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 13 Final Thoughts
Common Blue Jay Symbolism
Here are some common interpretations for seeing a blue jay.
- Communication. This could mean lack of clear communication from you or less truthful communication from those around you. Note that the blue color of a blue jay is also the color of the throat chakra which is linked to communication.
- Beware of tricksters. A blue jay is considered a clever trickster in the bird world. Therefore, if you see a blue jay, it might be a warning that you’re surrounded by tricksters and need to be aware of this.
- The blue jay is a very persistent bird and will often chase away other birds as it tries to keep the food all to itself. So, seeing a blue jay could be a message to you to keep persisting even in troubling times.
- Protection and fearlessness. Blue jays are fiercely protective of their territory and their young. They also often mimic the calls of much larger birds such as hawks. This means that if you see a blue jay it could indicate that you should be fearless yourself.
- Inner wisdom. If you are constantly dreaming about a blue jay it could signify that you have inner wisdom and are in tune with your higher self.
- Focus on family. Blue jays have a strong family bond as they mate for life. Therefore, when you see a blue jay it might indicate that you should focus on strengthening your own family bond and the bonds of your closest friends.
- Fertility and everlasting life. Blue jays and oak trees are closely linked. Many blue jays like to make their homes in oak trees and they collect the acorns to store for when there’s not much food about. Many times, however, they’ll forget where these acorns are buried and this results in new trees growing from the acorns. So, the appearance of a blue jay could signify new beginnings as well.
- When a blue jay builds its nest, they have the ability to adapt to any environment. Therefore, if you see a blue jay it could be an encouragement to you to be more adaptable in your dealings with others and with difficult situations in your life.
- Clarity. The blue color of the blue jay is similar to the color of the sky and this signifies clarity. So, if you happen to see a blue jay while you’re trying to work your way through a problem, it might be an indication that the answer will soon become clear.
Native American Blue Jay Symbolism
The blue jay features in many Native American myths especially those of the Sioux, Chinooks and Coast Salish tribes. Some tribes believe that the blue jay is closely related to the raven.
Native Americans also associated the blue jay with being untrustworthy or a trickster. Due to their noisy characteristics, blue jays were considered to be gossips who were arrogant, noisy, selfish and prideful.
Christian Blue Jay Symbolism
Many devout Christians believe that a blue jay is a sign from heaven and a sign of good luck. They believe that the appearance of a blue jay is a sign from God to tell them to be persistent no matter how hard a difficult situation may be.
A blue jay is also a sign that you should plan for the future and to stay steadfast to the path that you’ve chosen.
Celtic Blue Jay Symbolism
The Celts believed that the blue jay carried messages between dimensions. They also identified the blue jay as a trickster just like the Native Americans.
The Celts also believed that the blue jay was a sign that they should prepare well for the future. This is because this bird will gather food sources such as acorns and store them away for when other food sources are limited.
Because blue jays are so fond of acorns, the Celtic people believed that these birds were the souls of Celtic Druids and helped to plant oak trees far and wide.
What Does It Mean If You See A Blue Jay In A Dream?
Dreaming about blue jays could be related to communication. It is believed that messages in our dreams are communications from the Higher Consciousness. In this instance, your spirit guides may be urging you to speak up for yourself and to communicate more clearly.
On the other hand, if you see a blue jay feather in your dreams it could mean that you should be careful who you trust. There may be people around who are lying or being deceitful.
What Is The Significance If A Blue Jay Is Your Spirit Animal?
A spirit animal is one that represents your abilities or the abilities that you need to cultivate. Generally, your spirit animal is one that you see often, whether in real life or in your dreams.
If the blue jay is your spirit animal, it’s a good indication that you should speak up not only for yourself, but also for the greater good. It means that you should ask for what you want in a direct manner without being rude or disrespectful.
Your blue jay spirit animal may also be urging you to stop procrastinating and deal with the issue at hand. You should, however, do this tactfully and without malice.
What Is The Significance If A Blue Jay Is Your Totem Animal?
A totem animal is one that you have chosen to surround yourself with. It is generally one that you are drawn to and think about all the time.
If the blue jay is your totem animal, you are indeed fortunate because the blue jay is a powerful ally. This is especially true if there is a person who is trying to harm you, your family or your business.
Blue jays can be quite powerful and aggressive when they’re guarding their territory. So, if you find that someone is threatening or bullying you in some way, you should call on your totem animal to come to your assistance. This will help you to more easily speak your mind.
Remember the relationship between the blue jay and the oak tree? Oak trees are strong and majestic trees that stand tall and never falter. Therefore, with a blue jay on your side, you’ll have the courage to be bold, flexible and adaptable.
What Is The Significance If A Blue Jay Is Your Power Animal?
A power animal is one that you identify with internally. It’s the one that gives you inner strength when you need it the most.
If you have a blue jay power animal enter your life, then it might be telling you that there is someone in your life who is trying to deceive you. Calling on your blue jay animal is also useful if you feel intimidated or threatened by another person.
On a more positive note, if the blue jay is your power animal, it means that your are fearless, strong and talented. This means that you don’t back down from a challenge too easily. You might also be good at imitating others as the blue jay is an excellent mimic.
If you’ve chosen the blue jay as your power animal, it could also mean that you’re spiritually aware and you’re wanting to develop that awareness to greater heights.
What Does It Mean If You’ve Chosen To Have A Blue Jay Tattoo?
Many people choose tattoos because they have some sort of significance in their lives. Having a blue jay tattoo can indicate that you’re a talented person and want to show the world.
It’s also an indication that you’re open to change and embrace the many changes that you might be facing. Remember too, that the blue jay crest represents a link with the Higher Consciousness.
Can Seeing A Blue Jay Be A Message From A Lost Loved One?
In general, animal spirits are far more sensitive than those of humans. Therefore, birds such as blue jays, cardinals or hawks can be sensitive to the messages that your loved one might be trying to tell you.
Look out for signs that a blue jay may be acting abnormally when it sees you. It might just be trying to give you a message from a loved one who has passed over.
What Does It Mean When A Blue Jay Crosses Your Path?
If a blue jay crosses your path, it’s generally a sign that you’re on the right track and that you should continue on your current path.
This may happen at a time when you’re at a crossroad or you’re uncertain whether you’re heading in the right direction. Take the appearance of a blue jay as a positive confirmation to keep doing what you’re doing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does it mean if you see two blue jays together?
If you’re single, this could mean that you’re about to meet your partner or venture into a new romantic relationship. On the other hand, if you already have a partner, it could mean that you’re going to be strengthening your bond with that person.
What does it mean if you see a blue jay repeatedly?
If you’re constantly being visited by a blue jay, it could be an indication that you’re on the right path and that you should keep going and continue to follow your dreams.
What does it mean if you see a blue jay and a cardinal together?
This could be an indication that you’re receiving spiritual guidance. The cardinal is a representation of wisdom from the spiritual world. It also provides protection and guidance. If you couple this with the curiosity and intelligence of the blue jay, you could interpret this as a sign to deepen your own knowledge.
Do Blue Jays Bring Good Luck?
According to Christian beliefs, a blue jay that visits your home is indeed a bringer of good luck. Christians believe that seeing a blue jay is definitely a good omen.
Blue jays are noisy birds that are a delight to watch and observe when they visit our gardens. However, if you’re into signs and symbolism, you may be wondering if there’s any significance to seeing a blue jay in your yard often.
There are many different symbolisms associated with blue jays across different belief systems and cultures. To try and determine what it means when you see a blue jay, watch its behaviour and consider what you currently have going on in your life.
Do you have a question that you can’t find an answer to? Are you dealing with a difficult situation or person? Do you feel that someone in your life is not being truthful?
The answers to these question should be an indication of what seeing a blue jay symbolizes for you in any one moment.